Thursday, July 22, 2010

Water, Water ... Everywhere!

As I was going through my pictures trying to come up with a post, I noticed that almost all of the ones I had of Baylor taken recently involved water. The kid is in love with water and with the summer being as hot as it is, I can't blame him.

He got some cool shades recently and was testing them out in the pool the other day. My mom also got him some awesome water wings, but he is more of a step-dweller these days so they are merely an aesthetic accessory.


Little B fell in love with the water wheels at the Gardens during a recent visit with my mom, so she bought one for her house. He LOVES it! Both outside ...


... and inside!


Just look at that concentration!


Since not every day can be a pool day and since I can't spend all my time up at the sink with him (much as I'd like to), we recently acquired a water table for the little man to enjoy at our house. The first night we had it, I took it away before he even got to use it because he was throwing food on the floor; I had warned him, okay? Yes, I am a bit of a hard-ass sometimes ... sue me.

In any case, he got to use it the next morning while I was nursing Mollie and, boy oh boy, did he have fun!


The first scoop of water he had intended for the water wheel ended up almost entirely on the floor. But he soldiered on, and had a blast. (And yes, he's very serious about his fun.)


Though blurry, I was able to capture one of his smiles during his first encounter with the new water table. He's such a sweetie!


He did his best to keep the water in the water table until the very end. My mom had arrived by then and I think he was ready to move on.


Tile becomes quite slick when wet, so we had to lay down some towels so he wouldn't slip and fall ... which he did three times before we realized the need for said towels. We probably won't play with this inside again anytime soon, but it was a fun experiment nonetheless.



Back outside for a little more water wheel fun, Little B got to enjoy some pool step time with Grandpa E this week. He is really perfecting his staring techniques these days.


And for some reason he laughed quite heartily after doing this:


No idea why. Regardless, though, water sure is fun!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Looks like fun! I want one of those - and I would SO set it up in the house :D