Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas with Two Kids: The Beginning

It's amazing how crazy the holidays get when you have two little ones at home.  As I mentioned previously, my husband is a bit of a Grinch (love you, honey, but it's true), so I put up the Christmas tree with the kids this year.  We watched A Charlie Brown Christmas while "we" decorated; since any television tends to make them a little catatonic, I was able to run up and down stairs to get the decorations without anyone else really noticing.

Baylor did manage to take his shirt off in spite of his catatonic state.  The kid can get warm in a snow storm, I tell ya.



And no, he did not want me to put it back on ... trust me, I asked.


Bad mama forgot to put a bib on the little lady, and she ended up with some pretty awesome drool marks.


I decided to not decorate as much this year because I don't really want to spend all my time telling my kids they can't touch anything and having to physically remove them from this or that.  Plus, I was doing it all by myself and I only have so much energy these days.  I did put up our stockings this year, though, and I bought fancy new stocking hooks on our trip to Frankenmuth.  Baylor thought they were coat hangers.  So he brought me my coat.


And we hung it up ... because, hey, it was a contribution.


My mom bought us a cool Snoopy lighted thingy at Bronner's, but I struggled to find a great place to put it as the cord was a bit short.  This spot ended up not working because Baylor couldn't keep his hands off it.


This was a little better, though slightly sad ... and it ended up falling down because I failed to wash the window before I put it up and the suction cup was sticking to mostly dust.


Baylor decided we needed fruit and veggies under the tree.


And Mollie decided she needed to be under the jumperoo.


Then Baylor read the comics and poked at his stomach like an old man.


All in all, it took me about three days (and a little help from my mom and sister) to get all the decorating done.  Whew!  Don't even get me started on holiday shopping ... yikes!  Oh well, they're only this little once, right?

Right?!

No comments: