Thursday, December 16, 2010

That's What He Said (Today)

Baylor has been talking up a storm today, and I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite nuggets of Baylor-ness.

I was putting Baylor down for his nap and said, "After your nap ..." and he interrupted, "I turn into a butterfly with beautiful wings and fly." I smiled and asked where he was flying to. He responded, "Fly to North Carolina."

He climbed on top of me while I was stretching on the floor and said, "Mommy stretching.  I love you, Mommy."  To which I said, "I love you, too!"  And then he replied, "My best friend is Mommy."  *sigh*  I love that kid!

We were playing in his room near his dresser when he said, "I have a secret."  I said, "You do?  What is it?"  And he replied, "This is my favorite drawer."

After dinner we had to take his clothes off because he'd spilled all over himself.  As he loves a good naked run, he dashed toward the living room and was gone for a bit.  Suddenly, he ran back into the room excitedly and exclaimed, "The fan's on!"  He ran back to the living room to admire it and said, "It's beautiful!"

Lately, Baylor has had a rough time around bedtime, and tonight was no different.  Mollie was melting down quicker than usual tonight, though, so we had to speed things along.  I went to blow the light out with him, but he protested.  I said we could either count one-two-three or I could just turn it out.  He said, "No."  And I said, "Bubba, you have to choose one or the other."  To which he replied, "Other."

Beyond that, he said a number of things were delicious (including plain sour cream and the way the taco seasoning smells).  He also wanted everyone and everything (characters in books, toys, etc.) to have a sandwich ... a "peanut butter and jelly sandwich with honey" to be exact.

His speech has exploded lately, and I can't tell you how much I'm loving hearing all he has to say.

No comments: