Friday, April 22, 2011

Captiva 2011: Doc Ford's

Because I have pictures from my camera, my sister's camera, and my mom's camera, I ended up missing an entire outing we had with the Cartwright/Curtin clan!  We made the trek over to Sanibel one day to meet up with them for dinner at Doc Ford's.  Unfortunately for our legs, the mosquitoes and no-see-ems were out and we were virtually eaten alive.  But we still had a ton of fun and enjoyed some really good food.

Baylor tried chicken fingers for the first time and liked them a lot!  And his kid's meal came with an ice cream sandwich, so he was pretty excited about that.



Mollie ate her dinner in her high chair, but once released she quickly clung to me.  Ahh, gotta love separation anxiety.


Here's our happy group of ten!


And my happy boys.  (Sorry for the blurriness ...)


One amazing aspect of the night, and the reason I couldn't NOT post about it, was that Mollie actually allowed Aunt Cynthia to hold her!  For whatever reason, she has been extraordinarily averse to any one-on-one interaction with my dear aunt dating all the way back to Christmas when they first met.  So, needless to say, it was really nice to have them be able to bond a little during this short visit.


It was a great night, and our time with the Cartwright/Curtins went way too quickly.

Hope to see you again soon!  (And you too, Laura!)

No comments: