Thursday, April 7, 2011

Writer's Block and General Fatigue

Good morning, all!  How are you this fine day?  I'm exhausted, thank you for asking.  Mollie decided that, for FOUR hours last night she would generally be awake and pissed off.  Aside from her needing some water to drink, I have no idea what was going on ... or what it will mean for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, that's not why I'm writing this morning.  I'm writing to apologize for not posting much lately.  I want to write, believe me I do, but I've had a bit of writer's block lately.  I have things I want to say, experiences I want to share, but I just can't seem to get it out on the blog.  At least not like I want to anyways.

And, beyond that, there is the fact that life has gotten a bit out of control lately.  We have a family vacation coming up and to complicate things further, the kids and I have been in various stages of illness for the last few weeks.  Which makes getting stuff done difficult and make our usual "schedule" even less predictable than it ordinarily is.  Add to that the fact that I've been getting up between 5:30 and 5:45 every day to try to squeeze a workout in and still have a little time for myself, and you have a recipe for ... well, non-blogging.

But, this morning, the laundry is done, the kids' clothes are packed, and I finished my breakfast in enough time to write.  Is this post insightful, witty, or revelatory?  Hardly.  But I felt like I should explain my absence and beg you to stick with me until I get it together and start posting more.

I hope you all are doing well.  And feel free to leave a comment or question ... maybe it'll spark a post.  Who knows?!

No comments: