Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mollie and Mommy's Spring Time

Mollie has been waking up early some mornings, and it throws off our schedule quite a bit.  On Monday, for example, she started falling asleep at lunch time and had to be put down for her nap at about 1:00, at least an hour earlier than usual.  And while she slept for two hours, that still left her awake a full hour before Baylor got up from his nap.

We rarely have this kind of time together, so I tried to take advantage of it as best I could.  She wanted to snack, so I let her sit in Baylor's booster seat.  She was beyond geeked, let me tell you!




Who doesn't love a Goldfish cracker snack while jauntily resting your leg on the counter?


After her snack, we loaded up the car to prepare to leave for my parents' house as soon as Baylor woke up.  Then we decided to explore a little since the weather was so divine and flowers were blooming all around the front yard.


Mollie actually kept her sunglasses on the entire time we were outside!  Amazing, huh?


The hyacinth smelled so wonderful!


As I took some pictures of the flowers, I had set Baylor's monitor on the porch next to Mollie.  She, ever in love with her brother, took the responsibility of holding onto his monitor and keeping him close at hand.  We looked at this.


We looked at that.


And, of course, we paused for a chat and a smile.


She only wanted to go for a ride in the red wagon, but our monitor doesn't have that great a range so I tried to distract her by taking her over to our maple tree to teach her about trees.


We felt the bark and looked at the mossy stuff growing on it.  She'll probably like it more in the fall when the leaves are on fire with color.


After walking around a little more and exploring the breezeway ...


... we headed inside.  Mollie, much to my shock, started crying when we went inside and protested with all her might.  But Baylor was up and we had to get going, so we just kept moving and she was okay with it.

I have a feeling, though, that I have a little outdoorsy girl on my hands.  Hooray!

No comments: