Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Antics

As I'm sure you all know, Easter was this past Sunday.  We don't celebrate it much other than to get together with family and eat a big meal for lunch instead of dinner.  But it's fun and so nice to see family we don't see often.

Our day started out like most Sundays do.  Baylor and Bryson enjoyed the paper together.  For some reason, Baylor was particularly interested in the weather section.



Mollie tried actual apples for the first time and really seemed to enjoy them.


She seemed moderately excited about having a bow in her hair, though.


Baylor was happy to smile for the camera.


After breakfast, we got all packed up and headed to my parents' house.  Once my grandparents arrived, Mollie and Christine opened some birthday presents (belated and early respectively).  Mollie got this cool crown from my Aunt Peggy, as well as the adorable jacket.  The little girl loves clothes, what can I say?


Baylor was less than impressed with her new presents but enjoyed sitting next to GG.


Then, as most one year-olds do, Mollie took some time out to enjoy the wrapping and tissue paper.


She was a total chatty Cathy on Easter, even gabbing us up while she was trying to stay on the little stool she dragged out to sit on.


And she seems to be getting over her stranger anxiety a little quicker these days.  By the middle of the day, she actually walked over to my grandpa and let him hold her for a half minute!  Trust me, this is quite the accomplishment.


After the kids finished their naps, we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful spring weather.  Mollie got to do some bubble mowing.


She was beyond delighted, let me tell you!


Mom blew some bubbles for Baylor to chase after ... though it kinda looks like the bubble is chasing him!


Then it was my turn to be the bubble blower.  Had this one stayed whole I would have considered myself a bubble pro right off the bat.  Sadly, it burst before it left the wand.


Besides a key lime pie I made for the day, we got to enjoy some beyond-delicious lemon macarons my sister made.


Perfect consistency and a refreshing lemon filling.  Nice work, dear sister!


Baylor, however, preferred an M&M cookie, his personal favorite.


Mollie absconded with my dad's right shoe.  It was awesome!


We had a great time and so enjoyed seeing my grandparents!  It was a lovely day for one and all!

No comments: