Saturday, March 21, 2009

Florida or Bust!

Yeah, we're going to Florida on Monday. Ah, woo hoo! My husband, my son, and I are flying down with my parents and sister to Captiva Island, Florida (just off Ft. Myers), and we are sooo looking forward to it. I am bringing my camera and my computer cord (my sister and husband are both bringing their computers so I will have access ... yay!) so I will hopefully be able to post while we are down there.

In the meantime, we are trying to pack up for our first vacation with our little man. There are so many things to think about and bring - car seat, stroller, pack n' play, clothes, hats, blankets, toys, sunscreen, vitamins, etc. Whoa. Not to mention the leap of faith I feel like we are taking checking a bunch of this stuff. If it it was a direct connection I wouldn't worry, but we are going through Detroit and if his car seat gets lost en route we are a little screwed.

*Deep breath, Nicole.*

And then there is the issue of sleeping arrangements. My son will be spending the night in his pack n' play. Whether he sleeps in it or not is another issue. I have been trying to get him to nap in it, but to no avail. Here is how I found him today after his TEN MINUTE nap in his pack.
Ugh.

*Deep breath, Nicole.*

And then there's the flight ... how will my son do with the change in air pressure? The massive amounts of new people? Not getting to play on the floor?

*Deep breath, Nicole.*

I keep having to remind myself that he is an awesome kid and will do just fine. He will be just fine.

In fact, it will be fun. We are going to Florida! He gets to visit his first new state. It'll be his first time at the beach. And it'll be his first time swimming!! I get so excited about all the firsts ... which reminds me - I need to bring more batteries for my camera.

One more thing to add to the list.

Alright, back to packing and the NCAA tournament!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Its gonna be fun! I can't wait to see pictures! Make sure you don't miss out on the fun because you are too worried about other stuff. =] See ya when you get back!!