Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My First and Last Shamrock Shake of the Year


I finally got a shamrock shake this year and it will probably be my last until next year. Why, you ask? Well, I have not been drinking much milk because I breastfeed my son and it seems to upset his stomach when I have milk. Lately I have been trying to add milk back in but very slowly so as not to cause any problems.
So Monday afternoon, when the occasion to get a shamrock shake presented itself, I took the selfish route, bought a small, and drank the whole thing in less than fifteen minutes. It was a whole bunch of minty goodness. And I paid for it later.
*Weak stomachs should stop reading here.*
Yesterday, my son was a bit out of sorts. After lunch (barley and peas), he and I played on the floor a bit when all of a sudden he just started sobbing ... totally not like him. So I scooped him up and we sat on the couch for a sec. He started to smile while standing on my legs, then he grabbed my hair, pulled me close, and threw up all over me. I had a pool of barley, milk, and peas in my bellybutton, and (sorry if this is too graphic) the chum would have gone directly in my mouth if I hadn't clamped it shut at the last minute. It was everywhere. But he was feeling better, so I guess I can't complain. And he was patient while I took my second shower of the day to get the smell of partially digested peas off of me.
So no more shamrock shakes for me this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baylor 1 - Nicole 0

well..its probably a lot higher than that...but I just started keeping track.

Aubrey said...

Oh man... I can't help but laugh... I know it isn't funny, oh man it is funny. Sorry.