Thursday, December 10, 2009

Arrival Date?

So yeah, I got a surgery information packet from our hospital yesterday. At first I thought it was just an innocuous piece of literature they were sending to me so I'd know what to expect (even though I've had a c-section there before and pretty much get the gist of it). Then I happened to glance down at the "important information" section on the inside cover. Yeah, they scheduled our c-section date for us.

Ooookay.

So apparently (tentatively) our little Paco will be born on Monday, March 29th, 2010 at around 7:30 a.m. Give or take.

Fair enough.

We were kinda hoping to have the kiddo on a Friday so my husband could spend the maximum amount of time with us at home on his week off, but it just didn't work out that way.

So, everyone, unless complications arise or early labor sets in, our baby will be born at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, March 29th, 2010! Yay!!!

(And yes, it's weird to know the actual day and time.)

5 comments:

Doug said...

Congrats again Nicole. You and Colleen are going to have little ones a couple weeks apart. How cute is that?? On top of that, our friends Mike and Katie are having another little on in July. There are going to be lots of new kids coming into the world next year. I love it, kids I can play with but aren't my own yet :-)

Scheduling your c-section reminds me of the story from when I was born. My parents got to pick the date when I'd be born and I was all set to be born on the 20th of August, but the doctor rescheduled last minute with my parents so he could take his daughter to college. So, I was born the 21st instead of the 20th.

Autumn said...

My favorite thing about having repeat c-sections was scheduling the date, because I'm a planner. David was set to be born at 7:00 AM but wasn't delivered until 8:34 because it took FOREVER to get my epidural strong enough. Heather we were set to go into the OR at 11:00 AM, but because of some emergencies and overbooked ORs she wasn't born until 12:27 PM. Of course, I never scheduled mine quite so early, so that date may still change. But March 29th sounds like a great day to have a baby!!

Amber said...

Yay! That's great. I guess it's kind of cool that you get to know your exact date and time so you can mostly plan for it :)

Kelly said...

Aww..its so crazy that the date is scheduled like that but it is nice for planning. So exciting!

Shan said...

That is Russ' birthday...and the day after Kate's birthday! Great day for a baby!