Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lori's Phonics Lesson

My mom can be a real hoot sometimes. The other night, for example, she was teaching Little B how to count the buttons on her sleeve, "One ... two ... three ... four ... five ... six!" He loved it, every last minute of it. After a while he started to say a few of the numbers himself (though very sporadically) so Mom tried to help him a little with the phonics ... here's how that went.

"One! Two! Three! Four! Five! ... Six! Not to be confused with sex."

Yup, that's my mom!

So my sister and I were thinking that there is a lot you can do with this type of phonics lesson:

Sheet, not to be confused with sh-t.
Ask, not to be confused with a$$.

If you'd like my mom to help your child out with his/her English language skills, please give me a call and we can talk pricing.

No comments: