Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gift Guide: Awesome Camera (and Batteries to Boot!)

I got an awesome camera last year for my birthday, and I highly recommend it for anyone ... older, younger, new parents, new grandparents, college, ANYONE! It's that awesome. It's easy to use and takes great pictures!

Anyhow, mine is the Canon Power Shot A1000IS with 10 mega pixels and 4X optical zoom; it retails for about $150. Now, that said they have a new model (A1100IS) that looks nearly the same but apparently has 2 more mega pixels. This is generally what the camera looks like (though the new model comes in silver, blue, pink, and green).


It has a nice big display screen, too!
Oh, another thing I love about this camera - it's small enough to fit into a purse or diaper bag or even a larger pocket! Wonderful!
Now I know this is going to sound weird, but if you are giving any sort of electronic device that takes AA batteries I suggest you buy these:


Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries are AWESOME! They last forever. Well, months anyways. Now, they are a little more expensive than your average AA batteries, but if you go through batteries like I do (my camera is on all the time so it practically eats them up) it's well worth it.
Happy shopping!

No comments: