Friday, February 19, 2010

Doctor's Appointment: You're Kidding, Right?

I had my 33 week OB appointment yesterday, and it did not go as well as I had hoped it would. But I kinda knew that was going to happen given the state of my knees these days. Here are the stats:

Blood Pressure: 110/72
Starting Weight: 128 lbs.
Current Weight: 170 lbs.
Belly Measure: 35 weeks

Yeah, I gained 6.5 pounds since last visit, and my belly jumped from measuring a week behind (30 weeks at the 31 week mark) to measuring two weeks ahead. Oh, and my husband had her check my chart from the last pregnancy, and I am spot on with my weight from last time. (Insert obscenity here.)

After we got through all the stats, she asked how I was feeling and if I had any questions. I told her about the water pooling about my knee area, and she went on to prescribe me maternity compression socks. What are those, you ask? Well, apparently they are compression socks that go from your toes, up your legs, and over your belly.

Awesome.

So, I get to go pick those up this morning. Thank goodness it's winter, and I can wear pants over these beauties. My OB wore them for all of her pregnancies and claims that they really help with your mobility. We'll see.

Anyhow, that's the deal. For those of you wondering, she says I am right on track to having another big baby (Baylor weighed in at 10 lbs. 10 oz. and 21" long) so we'll see if she's right.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: