Friday, June 10, 2011

An Injury and a Death

I was doing the dishes tonight, just scrubbing up the grilling tools, when I heard Mollie cut loose screaming on the porch.  Bryson and I ran in there to find her beside herself, sobbing with giant tears rolling down her cheeks.  According to Baylor, Mater ran into her. 

As she and I walked around finding her comfort items - her binky and Dolly - I felt something warm and wet on my cheek.  Glancing down at her head, I immediately saw that she was bleeding from somewhere on her head.  Images of Baylor's injury flashed through my head.  Ugh.



Luckily, her wound didn't bleed as much as his did and wasn't as large.  After calling the pediatrician's after hours nurse, we were encouraged to take care of it at home.  We got the majority of the bleeding stopped and got some Neosporin on it.  I will admit, I saw that her cut was more of a gouge and was still bleeding a little, so I called the after hours nurse again.  For whatever reason, though, they didn't call back, and it ended up working out okay. 


Unfortunately, not two seconds after I took this picture I dropped my camera.  With the lens extended.  *sigh*  Not good.




And now my trusty camera is dead, or close to it anyway.  I'm so happy Mollie is okay, but I'll admit I am pretty heartbroken about my camera.  I have had it since Baylor was two months old.  It has taken well over ten thousand pictures for me, chronicling the evolution of our little family, the big moments in our lives. 

I'll do my best to keep you posted about Mollie's injury and the search for a new camera.  I hope all is well with you and yours.  Have a wonderful night!

No comments: