Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Dip of 2011

Over Memorial Day weekend, we got to take a dip in my parents' pool, and my, was it wonderful!  Mollie and Baylor started out in the kiddie pool.




But being the adventuresome girl she is, Mollie was soon ready for some time in the big pool.

Pretty soon Baylor was ready to try it out, so he hopped in and hung out with Daddy.  Poor little guy desperately wanted to be on his own, but he is a couple inches too short to stand on his own and he refused to wear a life jacket, so he had to be held.  Such is life.

Mollie wasn't too thrilled to be held, so a picture with her was difficult.


But she was beyond content in a float by herself, so she got to be on her own (with plenty of supervision, of course) for a while.

I tried to force Baylor into one of these Puddle Jumper things, but he sobbed and sobbed until I took him out of it.  I felt like a bad mommy; so rarely do I force him to do anything he REALLY doesn't want to do (except take a nap), and he was really upset by the whole ordeal.  Ugh, hopefully I haven't scarred him for life.

Anyhow, it was a great day in the pool.  Hopefully there will be many more to come!  Bring it on, summer!

No comments: