Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 220 (three days late)

Today I am grateful that our new dishwasher was finally installed on Wednesday.  It is a modern luxury without which I will apparently fall apart.  The house became a mess of epic proportions in its absence, and I'm only now just coming to terms with it.  Apparently doing dishes can take up all the available time I have if I have to do all the dishes, so getting a mechanical helper for this issue is just fantastic.  (This is not to say, however, that the house looks immaculate when we have a working dishwasher around here.  I am not, I repeat NOT, a champion house keeper and have been embarrassed by my own shortcomings on many occasion.  It's just that what I do manage to do seems to fall apart without the dishwasher.)  Here's hoping I can get it together and get the house back in shape this coming week ... it's starting to feel a little "hoarders" in here.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: