Today I am grateful that I didn't have a worse injury from spilling boiling water down my leg. I was pouring the pot of tortellini into the strainer in the sink like I usually do, but the water moved funny and hit my arm a little which then caused me to jerk away and pour the water down my leg instead. Once the initial shock wore off, I went upstairs and ran cold water over it for a minute or two. You can't even see where it was which is great, but it does still hurt a bit. But I'm incredibly lucky it wasn't worse.
I am also grateful I didn't let loose a torrent of swear words when this all went down. (You know how kids are about repeating things, and both kids were right there for the whole show.) Instead, I let loose a real good, right from the gut scream, which yes, scared the dickens out of Baylor, but it's much better than dropping the f-bomb with the kids in earshot.
Have a wonderful night!