Monday, August 17, 2009

All Jacked Up!

Remember how I really liked that Everiron stuff my dad's company was selling? Well, we finally got some! Which meant that our old, yucky fence had to go. My husband set out this weekend to accomplish the removal of the old fence.



Upon the advice of his dad, he used a car jack and basically ratcheted the fence out of the ground! It was pretty awesome.





Three of the five posts came out this way, and after getting the ground loosened, Bryson was able to just wiggle it out of the ground, cement and all! (The other two posts had to be dug out, but it wasn't as difficult as he thought it was going to be.)


Once the fence was out, we could tell that our landscaping needed a lot of work, so my husband took advantage of momentum and went to town on the formerly fenced area. I came down from my shower to find the front walkway looking like this:



Needless to say, I was a little worried at first. But eventually things got cleaned up and it started looking like something we could work with.









As long as the weather clears up my husband should be able to get the rest of the unwanted plants removed. I am abstaining from gardening; our neighborhood cats seemed to be attracted to our landscaping, and I'd like to avoid getting toxoplasmosis.

No comments: