Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Morning" Sickness

Hello, I need help. I need any advice I can get on getting rid of pregnancy-related nausea, particularly while having another child to take care of. My doctor can prescribe me phenergan, but I know that will knock me out and I won't have enough energy to chase after and care for my son.

Any advice you can give me on the topic would be greatly appreciated. My tricks from my last pregnancy (raspberry sherbet and pasta) aren't working and the nausea keeps getting worse as the days go by.

Thanks! Hope you're having a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing that worked for me was eating small amounts (like crackers) every 2 hours to keep ahead of the sickness. Also Meijer sells something call "Preggy Pops" you suck on them and they taste like candy. They help a little too. Good luck.

Autumn said...

I never had "true" morning sickness (ie: I never threw up) but with both boys I felt like it a lot. I sucked on tic tacs or mints constantly. I also ate small snacks/meals every 2 hours so there was always something on my stomach. Can your doctor give you Zofran instead? I hear it has less sleepy side effects.

Ashley said...

I had Zofran precribed but it gave me HORRIBLE headaches. My doctor recommended that I increase my B12 intake, so I bought a bottle of OTC vitamins and took them 1-2 times a day. They definitely helped but it didn't go away. I was sick from week 9-week 37! Good luck to you!!
:-) Ashley

Kristin said...

I've always heard that ginger helps. Like ginger snap cookies or something like that. I was very very lucky to not run into the morning sickness really, but a friend of mine who is due a couple weeks after me had it pretty bad. Those "Preggy Pops" (can also be found at babies-r-us) and ginger snap cookies helped her. I also heard that eating salty and sour (weird combo I know) helped. Like pretzels and lemonade. . . . I hope you feel better soon!!!

Nicole said...

Thanks for all the advice, guys! If any more of you have some, keep it coming!

I am going to try to find some preggie pops today ... I tried them when I was pregnant with Baylor, and they seemed to help at least a little.

Thanks again!