Friday, August 14, 2009

An Extra Hour in my Day

*If you don't want to read a post about breastfeeding or pumping, please do not continue on. I have given you fair warning.*

Today is the first day I have not pumped milk for my son's cereal in a long time. It is slightly liberating, though I think it would feel more so if I wasn't so flingin' flangin' nauseous. Anyhow, I digress.

It usually took me an hour to an hour and a half to pump all the milk I'd need to make his cereal for the day, mainly because I was doing it with a hand pump. I wanted to give him as much milk as possible, even if I we cut back on nursing, so we decided to make his cereal this way and it has worked for us.

But now, being pregnant and all, my milk production is down and I just can't do it anymore. Plus, Little B has been getting up in the 8:00 hour lately, leaving me no time to eat at my leisure - something I really need since eating quickly seems to make the nausea worse. So I stopped this morning, and while I feel really guilty about not doing this for him, I feel like I'm doing something good for Baby by not stealing so much of his/her food, so it sort of evens out. Right?

No comments: