Sunday, August 9, 2009

Swimming with the Pelican

On one of the beautiful days this week, my son and I headed over to my mom's house for a little swim in the pool. She had his kiddie pool all ready and warmed up, so we started off with that and worked our way up to the big pool.

As a special treat, we decided to hook the hose up to the pool so Little B could see the squirting pelican and waterfall in action. He wasn't so sure about it at first.

Eventually, he'd sit under the water spouting out and let it run off his hat. So cute!

Looking eye-to-eye with the pelican can often result in a face full of water.


Or, if you play your cards right, a refreshing drink!


We spent so much time in that kiddie pool that his chubby feet and toes got super pruney!


After a messy yogurt snack, my son got to take his first bath in the big pool (my mom does it all the time - with her suit on - so we weren't breaking any rules). I have to say, though, it's easier giving him a bath in a tub because I don't have to hold 27 pounds of baby in the air while I'm washing him.


All sudsy and adorable!


After the pool fun, my mom had some mowing to do so Little B got to check out the lawn mower. He didn't mind it while it was off, but he totally freaked out when she turned it on. Waaaay too loud for the little man. Maybe someday he won't mind it so much and can go on rides around the yard with Oma or Grandpa E!



Now, that I think about it, I'm not sure that last picture is from the same day as the others. Oh well, you get the idea. It still happened ... it's still cute.

No comments: