Monday, August 31, 2009

Eli and JoAnn's Wedding

This weekend we drove across the state to attend friends Eli and JoAnn's wedding. The church was amazingly beautiful (sadly, I didn't get a picture of it ... not that it would have done it justice) and the ceremony was sweet.

The reception was full of personal touches and featured stunning reds and creams. Exhibit A: the cake. It was gorgeous! And, I later found out, it was RED VELVET CAKE! Major style points for carrying the red/cream theme throughout. As a bonus, it was totally delicious!

We three got all dolled up for the occasion ... my hair hadn't looked that good in months! Thanks goes out to my sister for the use of her adorable shirt! It was perfect!


Little B was a champ at the wedding, happy just to have a high chair and some good books.


Of course, luck being what it is, Bubba pooped right before the first dance started so I missed it. But my husband, being smart and thoughtful, took some pictures of it! Yay, Bryson!
What a cute couple!


They were so sweet together.



Once we got back, Little B and Big B were reunited, and I think I noticed my husband getting a little choked up during the father-daughter dance as he held our son. Mariah Carrey's "Hero" was playing. Ah, the perfect storm of emotion!


In about the middle of the mother-son dance, my son laid his head on my husband's chest and just sat still. So cute!


Sadly, right after the picture above was taken, my beautiful boy burst into tears and we carried him out into the lobby area. The music was just too loud for him, so he and I went back to the hotel for some pre-bedtime fun while my husband stayed behind to spend some time with his friends.

But don't you worry, Baylor and I had fun, too! We explored the hotel room, opened all the drawers, went to the front desk for toothpaste, and then read a ton of books! And yes, the little man is almost tall enough to open the doors in hotels, apparently.


The next morning we got to snuggle in the giant bed for a while and relax for a bit. Then the explorations began, resulting in the phone needing to be disconnected. Ah, such a wild child!


We had a lovely time, and it was so good to see everyone and finally catch up. Congrats to Eli and JoAnn, and thanks for having us! Congrats to Matt and Emily on their exciting news! And a belated congrats to Phil and Alexis on their happy marriage! We're so glad we got to hang out with the Lyman Briggs crew, even if for a short while! Hope to see you all again soon!

1 comment:

To-Be Mrs.Covington said...

My first comment to your blog: it was great to see you too! I have a cute shot from a different angle of Baylor resting on Bryson. Emily and I talked about an annual weekend trip starting next summer- with most of the crew married and some with little ones here and on the way in the coming years it would be nice to have a weekend when we all reconnect and watch our families grow (and make more memories :) ) I will keep you up to date.