Friday, August 21, 2009

Trying Something New ...

The nausea (yup, talking about it again) had been getting progressively worse over the last few days, so I decided to take a little more action. My eating had gotten sporadic in spite of my efforts, and my diet was becoming filled with sugary foods holding no nutritional value. One of my close friends (Hi, Janice!) was recently pregnant and suffered through a nasty bout of "morning" sickness. Her doctor told her to take 25 mg of vitamin B6 twice a day, and take a half a Unisom with the 25 mg she took right before bed. And it seemed to work for her; it curbed her nausea and helped her function better.

I called my doctor and they suggested the same thing, so I decided to give it a try. And let me tell you, I LOVE UNISOM! I know they say it is non-habit-forming, but I am not quite sure how that is possible; I would love to have the habit of falling asleep peacefully and quickly every night. Holy crap! As an added bonus, it got me to sleep in spite of some raging nausea I had as I was laying my head down for bed.

I woke up this morning feeling a little groggy, like I could sleep another few hours, but in truth I feel like that all the time. My stomach was feeling a little better, but I'm not ready to call this problem "fixed" just yet. And I can't say I'm thrilled about having to take more pills, but if they help me function better and feed this new baby better then I guess it's what I have to do.

I'll keep you posted (as I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath).

No comments: