Friday, August 20, 2010

Charlevoix: Gar! There Be Putt-Putt Golf!

My husband and sister are both quite competitive, apparently, when it comes to putt-putt golf. And yet, in the eleven years since Bryson and I have been together we've never gone out to play together ... until now!

I was along for the ride, just happy to enjoy playing. Those two are serious putt-putt golfers! Which is why I had to help lighten the mood a bit ...

Silly pictures, anyone?


Yes, I know my eyes are closed in this one, but the other one I had of my sister and I had just the top of her head. I figured this was better.

P.S. The stocks are REALLY uncomfortable! No wonder they used them as punishment in days of yore!

Pirates Cove, the location of our outing, even had a life-sized shark in their pirate-themed scenery!

Here's my hubby, teeing up at the first hole.



And my sister, in fine form as well!

In the pond near the front nine was a man being encircled by a shark. This poor pirate has been spinning around in circles for years, terrified of being attacked by the shark fin!

As it turns out, we were quite evenly matched. I scored a 44, just 8 strokes above par, my sister scored a 43, and my husband won our little tournament at 42! Congrats to Bryson on such a solid game, 2's and 3's all the way.

On our way out, I picked up a pirate's hat for Baylor. He and Mollie were at the house giving my parents a run for their money.

At first he wore the hat like a British general.

But he eventually turned it sideways for a more pirate look!


Gar! We had an awesome time!

No comments: