Monday, August 2, 2010

Sugar High

Ever wonder what sugar will do to a 22 month-old right before bed time? Well, let me tell ya ...

He ran around full tilt while my parents were here dropping off my car. Running back and forth from his room to his sister's, giggling and bumping into things all the while. After saying goodbye to them, he sat in my lap and talked nonstop while I read books to him, trying to get him to calm down and drink his nightly glass of milk.

As I was reading Goodnight Moon, he commented on the "titties" (he can't say the hard "c/k" sound so that's how "kitties" comes out) - "one titty ... two titties". It's like he couldn't stop saying it. And it took all my strength not to bust out laughing.

Then he farted on my lap and said, "Wow!"

THEN, he did This Little Piggy on both of his own feet, with the correct emphasis on the last piggy.

And the grand finale? After fishing around in my shirt for a minute or two (for some reason he likes to hold onto my bra straps), he looked down into his lap and said, "Penis!" Then, "Testicles!"

And that was the end of my composure. We giggled like school kids.

Then I abandoned his milk and the books, brushed his teeth, and recited Gossie while he tumbled around in my lap. I was finally able to get the lights turned out and get him into bed, but while I was nursing Mollie I could hear him banging his crib against the wall, counting each bang ... and since he can count up to 49 now, it went on for a while.

Note to self: ice cream so close to bed time is not necessarily the best idea. But it certainly was funny.

2 comments:

Oma said...

Maybe it was the "brown" ice cream. Or the sprinkles from Aunt Christine's ice cream. Who knows, but he was funny!

rachel said...

too funny! this made me laugh out loud in my office! i must meet this little character!