Monday, August 16, 2010

"Waiting to Exhale": Thankful and Moved to Move

Last night I leafed through our local Sunday paper from the day after we left and I came across this article about a woman with cystic fibrosis (CF). As I stood in the kitchen quietly crying while holding my daughter, I read about a woman who is waiting to receive a double lung transplant so she can live for her kids. One of the captions read that she gets to see her four year-old son twice a week.

It broke my heart to think of only seeing my kiddos twice a week, let alone being ill and facing death at the same time.

I am so thankful for my health and the time I have with those I love. I never want to take that for granted.

I was also reminded how important it is to register to be an organ donor. I registered years ago and made sure to re-register when I got my new license. I have put a link to the Michigan Organ Donor Registry on the sidebar under "Resources". Please, if you live in Michigan and haven't registered already, take a few minutes and sign up. You never know whose life you might save.

If you don't live in Michigan, please sign up in your area!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Nicole, thank you so much for posting this. That article is about my friend Kerry. It is so important to register for organ donation.
Thank you.