Saturday, January 22, 2011

Christmas with Two Kids: Christmas Day ... Finally!

I know, I know, it took me forever to post this.  But, in all honesty, I just got around to taking all the red eye out of the pictures.  There were so many pictures from so many different cameras that I had trouble finding them all in my files.  Which is why this post is a little scattered.  Sorry.  I hope you enjoy it anyways!

Christmas morning we got up and had breakfast.


And the kids got to play with Mollie's new farm for a bit.



Then Baylor went over and saw that Santa had indeed visited!


And that Santa brought him the Legos he asked for!


Santa brought Amalia a set of musical instruments.


Bryson's gift was that he got to play Legos with his son ... I'm not sure who was more thrilled.  (He also got an ornament that the kids and I made for him.)


Baylor had Bryson read him his new Olivia book.


And he tried out the new power screwdriver that came with his new take-apart truck!


Then we got dressed ... and this ended up being one of the only pictures I have of Amalia in her beautiful Christmas dress.


Didn't Baylor look so incredibly dapper?!  And what does every dapper little man need?  A harmonica, of course.


Mollie got some new shoes in her stocking.


And they both got more books from the Maine clan.  So there was, of course, more reading.


Mollie had a wardrobe change as her dress, though gorgeous, wasn't all that warm.  Plus, crawling in tights is nearly impossible!


But she still looked adorable and had plenty of funny faces to go around.


Then she wanted to get in on the reading action.


And Baylor moved on to coloring ... temporarily, at least.


The guys enjoyed some appetizers.


Then Baylor got down to help Grandpa E make sure all the bingo numbers were present and accounted for.


And while the adults played bingo, the kids and I played in Baylor's new fort and tunnel.


But the distractions were many, so we headed to the basement for some basketball ...


... and running at full-speed.


It was a good day, especially for Baylor who had so ...


... MANY ...


... people ...


... to read to him!  The little man was in heaven!

I know this is very, VERY belated, but I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday season!




Always,
Nicole

No comments: