Wednesday, January 5, 2011

AWOL Explanation: The Crud, Pictures, and A Toddler

I realize I have been away from the blog for a while ... for me it has seemed like forever, though I realize it has only been four days.

What happened?  Why so absent?

Remember how Baylor got sick right around Christmas?  Well, I thought I was possibly the one who gave it to him, so I wasn't as careful as I should have been and I ended up getting sick.  I had forgotten how much I hated the stomach flu, and it came and slapped me in the face to remind me.  How sweet.

So, the day after Christmas, I spent most of my time either sleeping (fourteen whole hours of sleep, if you must know) or running to or from the bathroom.  It completely wiped me out and left my energy flagging for days.  So there was that.

Then there is the fact that I took a TON of pictures over the holiday season and have had zero time to edit them so my kids don't look like little demons (with glowing red eyes) in all of them.  I want to post pictures, but being unable to get them looking decent is driving me mad and stopping me in my blogging tracks.

And, finally, the reason I have had so little time to blog and fix pictures is that my kiddos are on the go, all the time.  Mollie is moving at the speed of light - or a really fast crawl - and with the addition of so many new faces around the holiday season she's been a bit clingy with me.  Let's put it this way ... I now have a small idea of what it's like to have a dog, following you around all the time and whatnot.  And then there's Baylor - *sigh* - Baylor.  He is two and he knows it.  Yikes!  He wants to do everything himself, can sense when I'm in a hurry and does what he can to thwart me, and just generally does whatever the *^#@ he wants to.  Thank goodness for cabinet locks, or we'd all be in serious trouble.

But, be that as it may, he's a good kid, she's learning to crawl and I'm so proud of her.  They are insanely good kids most of the time, and I have it good.  Really, really good.  It is just leaving me no time to blog.  That will be changed, though, I promise.  Heck, I do it for myself, mostly, so I have to get back to blogging for my own sanity, if nothing else.

Oh, and I am just glad my kiddo hasn't done anything like this ... I read it and felt instantly better.  You will too!  (And if you don't have kids, or yours are grown, you'll laugh anyway ... trust me, this little girl has talent.)

So I'll get back to it ASAP.  I hope the holidays treated you all well!

No comments: