Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow Cool!

After much cajoling and bribing, we got Baylor to put on his snow gear and venture out into the wintry wonderland for the first time this year.  He was pretty fascinated with the robot on his zipper pull and commented that the robot was "happy to see you". 



While I got on a coat that wasn't warm enough, my mom pulled Baylor out to the little hill they have in their backyard.  



After only one trip down the hill, he seemed to get how awesome playing in the snow is.


Pulling that little sled was tough on my mom's wrist and arm, though, so I took over the sled-hauling duties.


We even did a figure eight around some of their trees!


Finally, it was time for the little man to do it himself.  His first comment was that the snow was slippery.  I don't think he even noticed that it was cold.



It was an all-smiles event for sure.



Though he wasn't overly thrilled when the snow stuck to his polar fleece mittens.  Gotta get some proper playing-in-the-snow mittens for him sometime soon!


I loved seeing him have so much fun!


My mom got out a ball to throw and kick around and that proved to be even more fun than just sledding, though it was a bit tough for him to pick up with snowy mittens on.


Mom couldn't believe I was going to take a picture of her, but I couldn't help it ... just look how happy she is!


All rosy-cheeked and adorable.


He laughed so hard!


Even when he did a couple accidental face-plants in the snow, he smiled and said, "Ew.  Ew."  And it was back to normal once the snow was off his face.


He only cried once ... when we made him go back inside for a nap.  I have a feeling we will have many more snow outings this year!

No comments: