Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Tip for Summer Pregnancies ...

To all my friends out there who are pregnant and will be during the summer, I have a little tip for you.  When your doctor tells you to wear compression socks and cut back on sodium a bit ...


... it's a really good idea if you heed her advice.  These were my feet in July before Baylor was born, and yes he was born a full two months later in September.


If you think, "Gee, that looks painful ..." you are correct; it was.  And no, I couldn't wear regular shoes.  I wore flip flops all the time.

So, watch your salt intake, pregnant friends, and if your doc says to wear compression hose, wear them as often as you can stand it.

(I believe I posted a long time ago that I'd put up this picture and since I actually found it on my parents' computer over Christmas I thought I should make good on my word.  I can't believe my feet and ankles were ever that big ... whoa.)

No comments: