Monday, April 15, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 159

Today I am grateful that my family and friends are safe and sound.  I try really hard not to focus on current events for these posts, but today's seemed to be my breaking point.  I am so happy and lucky that those I love are okay, and my thoughts go out to those affected by the tragedy at the Boston Marathon.

I really don't understand what is going on with our country right now.  (Or our world, for that matter.)  I don't understand why anyone would want to do something like this, unless they had some sort of mental illness and weren't capable of rational or moral thought.  I don't know what would compel anyone to hurt their fellow man.  So on days like today I am confused and angry that we can't act like kind, loving people and just get along, for crying out loud.  Agree to disagree, leave each other alone if you can't take it, but don't hurt anyone above all else; those lives are not yours to take, those bodies not yours to injure.

Deep breath, Nicole.

Okay, I'm done with my rant.

So now, I go to bed with a heart full of love for my fellow man, full of gratitude that my loved ones are safe, and full of hope that this tragedy is the last of its kind.

Hey, a girl can hope, right?

Have a wonderful night, everyone.

No comments: