Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 172 (two days late)

Today I am grateful for both Mollie and I having slept all the way through the night.  We both came down with a wicked cold yesterday, and after nap time I discovered that hers was being served with a side of croup.  I called her doctor's office right away and got some hints on how to deal with croup in warmer weather (I am golden when it's cold out, but I knew I couldn't count on cold night air to help us).

So last night, armed with knowledge and lots of hope, I slathered her chest with Vicks Vapo Rub, elevated the head of her bed, gave her some ibuprofen, set up her cold-air humidifier, cranked her ceiling fan up to high, and cracked her windows a bit (just in case the night air was cold enough).  And it worked!  Nearly twelve blissful hours after I put her to bed, she woke up calling for me and told me as I walked in, "I'm not coughing, Mommy!"

Awesome!  Just so totally awesome.

As for me, I went the Vicks and ibuprofen route and slept like a rock for over seven hours.

Here's hoping for a repeat again tonight!  (Knock on wood!)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: