Monday, September 2, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 301

Today I am grateful that I was able to hold myself together and not cry as Baylor went through waves of worry about his first day of kindergarten tomorrow.  Even when he said he was worried no one would love him, I still managed to keep it together and calm him down.  I don't know where that strength came from, but I'm sure glad it stepped in today to help out.  Let's hope it hangs in there for tomorrow.

I will tell you, though, that after the kids went to bed and Bryson and I settled in to watch a little television before bed, this commercial broke me.  I had it all held together nicely, no tears, no quaking heart, and then this came along:





and broke me to pieces.

Here's hoping my strength comes back overnight, and I make it through the morning dry-eyed.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: