Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 319 (ughhhh)

Life has gotten the better of me lately.  We all got sick after Baylor's birthday party and, lucky me, I've held onto it the longest.  Blah, blah, blah.  It's been really intense and exhausting for all of us.

Each day, though, no matter how hard it's been or sick I have felt I have been able to find the silver lining, at least one thing I am truly grateful for.  I've been writing blog posts in my head, wishing I could figure out the time to get on here and type it out without feeling guilty that something else is falling by the wayside.  (Right now I know I should be folding laundry, cleaning up the disaster that is the kitchen or the living room or the laundry room, exercising, or sleeping ... oh, sleeping.)

Today I am grateful that I got to see Baylor get a huge hug from his new "best buddy" at school this morning.  It made all the therapy, all the worry, all the everything feel worth it.  Baylor has a friend!  He loves school!  I mean, seriously loves school.  And he'll talk to us about it!  The stonewall of preschool has been lifted, and he's actually pretty excited to share things with us most days.  And for all that, I'm so grateful.

Now, sleep.  I will attempt to catch up on the rest later.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: