Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 323 (still late)

Today I am grateful for all the time I've gotten to spend with my little lady since school began.  At first I was a bit nervous; what would she and I do all day while Baylor was at school?  But we've found all sorts of fun activities to pass the time.

Like riding the ride-ons at the mall.



Or going for a little walk/ride.



And, of course, playing hopscotch is a must.


We've had tea parties, Sally included.


Then headed out to the store to get some groceries, still decked out in her tea party garb.


I love how little she cares for what other people think of her right now.  Those social norms haven't been so deeply ingrained in her just yet, and she lives her life just as she pleases, rocking the weirdest outfits and toting a fake phone with her just in case she needs to make a call.


It's not always easy; we both miss Baylor and all the fun and companionship he brought to our days.  But we're working our way to a new normal together, and that is a good feeling.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: