Monday, September 30, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 329

Today I am grateful that tomorrow will be another day, another chance to have a good day all the way through.  Baylor casually dropped a bit of a bombshell on me tonight while I was helping him get ready for bed; his new "best buddy" told him he didn't want to be friends anymore today on the playground.  I held it together until I got the kids in bed, but now it feels like I am going to cry forever.  I know this isn't the end of the world and I know this will happen many times in his life, but this was a big thing for him, this having-a-friend thing, and to have it be over so soon just ... it just sucks.  It hurts me to know that he was hurt today and I want to make everything better, but I can't.  All I can do is be there for him and help him understand that not everyone is meant to be friends with everyone else.

But for now, I'm going to go be that neighbor who takes her trash out whilst sobbing, looking forward to the new day.

Have a wonderful night.

No comments: