Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 321 (still late)

Today I am grateful that my grandmother-in-law gave me a food mill for Christmas a year or two ago.  Like I said before, I was a bit skeptical of it at first; I really had a love affair going with my immersion blender and was very hesitant to give it up.  But after a few batches of terribly lumpy and inconsistent applesauce, I decided to give it another shot.  The result has been perfection every time.  It's not as pudding-like as the immersion blender made it, but I still leave it plenty thick, not all runny like the jarred stuff, and it's consistent all the way through.  Kids aren't always fond of the lumps, and this way it makes sure that all the best, most thoroughly cooked apples get in there.

So thank you, Jeannine, for the awesome gift!  It may have taken me a while to truly appreciate it, but I am certainly very grateful for it now.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: