Monday, September 2, 2013

That's What They Said: Growing Up

Baylor:  Mommy, when I grow up, I'm not going to be like other grown ups.
Me:  (smiling)  I know, sweetheart.  But how do you think you're going to be different?
Baylor:  When I grow up I am not going to have a job.



(Bryson was sidelined for a couple days with a thrown out back.)
Amalia:  What did Daddy say on the phone?
Me:  He said his back feels better!  Isn't that great?
Amalia:  Yeah!  Hooray!  Now we can smush him!


Amalia:  (in an irritated tone)  Mommy, did you hook up on me?  I was calling you!



Me:  Baylor, what would make our trip to Chicago the best ever?
Baylor:  (smiling)  If we got to see Steve and Katie.



Amalia:  I'm going to Timbuktu.
Me:  Oh, I will miss you!
Amalia: (in a reassuring tone) Don't worry, I'll be back before dessert!

No comments: