Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 303

Today was not easy, I'm not going to lie.  Between dropping Baylor off and seeing him sit alone on the line, his head resting on his knees, just waiting for school to start, the fact that I just missed him so much, the pressure of trying to get things done so that when he's done with school I can just hang with him and Mollie, the epic meltdown he had after his PLAY therapy session after school, and Mollie b*tch slapping me right before I turned out the lights and wished her sweet dreams, it was a bit of a stressful day.  At one point, as the kids were moaning and protesting the meal I made (and have made a ton of times, thank you), I excused myself and ran upstairs to cry.  It wasn't good, but at least no one saw the ugly cry.

But, it had its moments.  And for those I am grateful.

For finally starting to settle into a rhythm with Mollie while Baylor is at school.

For getting the chili made ahead of time so I could play with the kids before dinner tend to the meltdown.

And last, but certainly not least, for the moment when Baylor hopped into the car after school and when asked how his second day of school went said, "FAN-tastic!"  Music to my ears, I tell you.

No, he still doesn't like recess.  He still has worries and concerns.  Mollie is still acting out when she sees Baylor getting so much attention.  And the house is still an ever-loving mess.  (Really, it's unreal right now.)

But there are those shining moments in the day that I'm trying to cling to in the middle of all this madness.  And for those things I am so very grateful.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: