Friday, September 25, 2009

Dumbest Person Ever (a.k.a., Me)

Yeah, I stopped taking my Zofran yesterday; I thought I could handle it, and I thought I was far enough along that the nausea was going to be greatly subsided. Wrong. Very wrong.

I woke up this morning feeling exhausted (as usual) and kind of punk ... my stomach was not in a good place, shall we say. But, stupidly, I thought I could power through and eat some breakfast to calm things down a bit. Wrong.

I didn't even get to breakfast. My bowl is still sitting on the counter unused. First, I had an allergy attack ... all sorts of sneezing and sniffling; it happens almost every morning in the fall. Then, as I was blowing my nose, I got a not-so-good feeling in my stomach and throat. Uh-oh. I raced to the kitchen sink in just enough time to dry heave my way to tears. (I don't know where the Fiber One bar I ate last night went, but I'm so very glad not to have seen it again ... that could have ruined things for me a bit.)

Adding insult to injury, I discovered - much to my disgust - that our sink REALLY needs to be cleaned; those little flaps on the drain to the garbage disposal are looking pretty nasty. Can't wait to do that job. Yes, that was sarcasm.

I debated taking my Zofran again ... my paramedic brother-in-law told me that Zofran is really supposed to be used to prevent vomiting, not stopping it once it starts. And I trust him, but right now it's my only option. So I just took it; we'll see how it sits. I can tell you one thing, though ... this slice of bread I'm eating tastes really, really good.

Have a nice day! And if your day isn't so nice, just smile and think, "At least I'm not the dumbest person ever."

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, sweetie! You're not the dumbest person ever, you just got tired of taking medication & that's totally understandable. Don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone does this sort of thing at one point in their lives. Love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Nicole. My Mom always tells me "this too shall pass". You will feel better soon. You are not the dumbest person ever. I would have done the same thing too. Let me know if you need anything!

Nicole said...

Thanks, guys! I know, it was sort of a pitiful post this morning. I do apologize. I was just so mad at myself for dropping back on my meds and letting this happen. Thanks for the support!

Unknown said...

You poor thing. All I can say is that I feel for you. Sending you lots of good vibes that the nausea and vomiting subsides soon.

Shan said...

I hope you are feeling better today!