Monday, September 21, 2009

Mmm ... Monday: Turkey Tenderloin Recommendation

I realize I haven't done an Mmm ... Monday post in a while, partially because I ran out of "favorite" recipes to put on (and sort of forgot which ones I had already posted) and also because the pregnancy nausea has removed any desire of mine to think about food. At all.

But as I sat eating an entire can of calcium-fortified Spaghetti-O's, I thought about a purchase I made today and how nice it would be to share my excitement with you guys!

So here it is,

I love, love, LOVE these Jennie-O Turkey Store Turkey Breast Tenderloins! They are truly delicious and actually quite good for you. The link above is to my favorite flavor, savory roast, but it apparently comes in four other flavors. We have tried the teriyaki sesame and ginger and enjoyed that a lot too, but the savory one is my favorite.

If you live in the Midwest or are familiar with Meijer, you may be shocked to learn that (ours at least) does not sell this product. I have to make a special trip to Family Fare when it goes on sale to stock up on it (this week it is $2.00 off, if you're in the Grand Rapids area), but it is so worth it. I bought four of them, stuck them in the freezer, and can thaw them as needed for dinners. They take about a day to thaw, which is important to keep in mind, but they are well worth the wait.

Our store only sells the 12 oz. package of them, and let me tell you, it is perfect for two or three people! We usually have leftovers, though one time I think we ate the whole thing (or at least didn't have enough for an entire serving to have later). You can cook it on the grill (30 to 40 minutes) or in the oven (45 to 50 minutes) and it comes out amazingly juicy every time. I prefer it grilled, but since I don't even know how to start our grill we usually have it in the oven. Yes, yes, I am THAT girl. Whatever.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share this little slice of heaven with you. If you haven't tried it yet, please do! I really think you'll enjoy it.

Have a happy Monday!

No comments: