Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One Year Doctor Visit

Little B had his one year (12 month) doctor visit on Monday. Here are his stats:

Weight: 27 lbs. 3 oz. (93rd percentile)
Height: 32 1/4" (97th percentile)
Head Circumference: 19 1/4" (97th percentile)

What does that all mean? According to the growth charts, he is almost the size of an average TWO YEAR OLD. Yup. That's my boy. (She says with a huge smile on her face.)

He wowed the doctor with his curiosity (and size, of course), and we seemed to have gotten good marks across the board. Whew!

Then it was time for his shots. Usually my husband is there (or at least another nurse), but this time it was just up to one nurse and I to restrain him while he got FOUR SHOTS. I got his upper body and could do without having to restrain him ever again. He held onto Mr. Bear so tightly and sobbed, but like a champ he was fine about a minute after the shots were over. And he had four pretty cool baseball band aids.

The next night was rough (as have been the poopy diapers), but other than that he's been golden. Have I mentioned how lucky a mom I am?

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow!! Sounds like the little guy is doing great. I'll have to get another animal for the new little one on the way so Baylor doesn't have to share Mr Bear. :o) And you are a very lucky mom. We really need to find a time sometime soon to see all of you again.