Friday, September 11, 2009

Sinfully Good Morning

If pride is a sin, then I'm happily going to hell. I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am of my son today. He has been doing so many new things and all so happily.

Here is just a little list of all the stuff I've seen him do today:

- Shut himself in his own closet. I know this sounds weird, but he didn't panic when he was in total darkness; he just opened the door and smiled at me. Then shut himself in again. Which reminds me, I need to keep his closet doors shut from now on.

- Ate his Cheerios with milk. He balked at this the entire time, and a few tears were shed, but he did it. We cheered and clapped, and he made it through it without choking on them or melting down.

- Took his balls from one bucket and put them in another. He's never done it before and it was just so cute to see him so industrious.

- Said "get down" after I asked him if he wanted to get down. I know he was probably just repeating what I said, but it was nice to hear his little voice say something other than "dada".

- Asked me to read him a book. No, he didn't toddle over to me and say, "Mommy, would you please read me this lovely story?" But he did look me in the eye, hand me a book, and wait patiently while I fought back tears to read it to him. Again, he's never done this before, and it was so nice to feel like he wanted me to read him the story.

- Shared a Kashi TLC bar with me. He looked interested in it, so I pulled off a piece of the breaded area, thinking he would hate it (as he does with most things bread-like). But he didn't. He liked it. And he wanted more. So I offered to let him bite off the bar, and HE DID! Several bites, in fact, and he seemed to really enjoy it.

All of this, particularly the food stuff, seems even better in light of what happened last night; we tried to feed him this vegetable beef stew stuff (by Beech Nut baby foods), and he totally melted down and pitched a total fit. Wouldn't have it. And then was finicky the rest of the night. It is so good to see him back to his calm, happy, curious self today!

2 comments:

LMaxey3077@aol.com said...

That what she said.

Nicole said...

Yup, that's my mom.