Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wait, It's Not Tuesday?!

Aw, crap! It's not Tuesday. It is, in fact, Wednesday. I am totally bummed out now. I ordinarily look forward to Wednesdays (and Saturdays, for that matter) because I exfoliate my face in the shower on those days. Particularly when I am pregnant, I crave my Exfoliation Days (as I have been known to call them in my head) because I try not to use products with salicylic acid in them and my face is more prone to breakouts because of the hormones. After I exfoliate, my face feels smooth, if only for a little while, and I feel a little more human, a little prettier.

Today in my shower, as I was reaching for the face wash, I hesitated a little bit and thought to myself, "What day is it? Ah, it's got to be Tuesday." I hurriedly washed my face and got out of the shower, only to find out from my mom that it is Wednesday. I missed Exfoliation Day.

No, it's not the end of the world; I will live on and today will probably be a pretty good day ... I get to spend time with Little B so how could it not be a good day, right? But I am a little sad I missed it. I don't pamper myself much; my hair is unruly and messy most days, I rarely take the time to paint my nails, and makeup has become a thing of the past. But on Exfoliation Day I take a second to slough off the old and bring in the new, and I love it.

It's the little things, you know?

So maybe tomorrow will have to be an Exfoliation Day.

Do you have any special time you take just for yourself to do something kind for you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every Sunday since I have been in Iraq I give myself a pedi and facial, since there is nowhere I can get it done :) So I know what you mean!!

Jocelyn said...

Sorry this comment has nothing to do with fun little indulgences, but for some reason we got an American Baby magazine in the mail today (maybe Dan has something to tell me?) But anyways there is this little blurb about relieve for nausea so I thought I would pass this along...

"Wristbands to relieve nausea aren't new, but PSIBands are the first nicely designed ones we've seen. They work by putting pressure on an acupressure point, which can lesson queasiness. And we'll try anything for morning sickness! ($15 for two; Rite Aid, diapers.com, psibands.com)"

Just thought I would share! Hope you are all doing well! We may be coming to Grand Rapids October 17-18.