Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black Cherries: Necessarily Messy

Unless you have a cherry pitter, there is no clean way to get a pit out of a cherry.  And if you have a one year-old, you have to cut the cherries up anyway.  In cutting the cherries, though, you release the juice.  Oh, the juice!  And if they're black cherries, your kitchen will end up looking like a butcher shop.

Thank goodness I took their clothes off first!



Mollie took particular joy in spreading the color all over herself.


Baylor was less than excited about it.  As I later found out, some of the cherry juice got in a cut he had and was stinging quite a bit.  Plus, the kiddo - much like his mom - hates being sticky.

The clean-up took forever because they had cherries wedged in their booster seats and under their little legs.  Every time I thought I had found the last spot I uncovered another cherry!  But the kids loved them, they are so healthy for them, and they're in season.  I call that a win-win-win.

No comments: