Monday, July 11, 2011

Clocks: Goin' Old School

The other day, Baylor discovered that my parents have a sun dial in their backyard.  He also found out that a sun dial is indeed a clock, one of his favorite things these days.  He wanted to learn all about it, so I sent him to ask the man with all the answers ... Grandpa E.  And bless my dad's heart, he told the little dude all about it.



And believe me, when the little man is curious about something he has A LOT of questions.


In due time, though, all the questions were answered and the clock was set.


Of course, the little man was not satisfied with Grandpa E's explanation of why the clock was an hour behind (the sun doesn't do daylight savings time, you know?) ...


... so after lunch he took matters into his own hands and reset the clock himself.  Oh my funny little mischief maker!

Once the sun dial was reset a third time, Baylor and Mollie settled in for some music time with Grandpa E.

My kids are so very lucky to have their Grandpa E!

No comments: