Saturday, July 9, 2011

Water Babies

Just like I was when I was little, my kids are quickly turning into water babies.  And luckily, the weather has been warm enough lately to encourage it.

Baylor, the two-and-a-half year-old that he is, takes a little coaxing sometimes.  He generally hates sunscreen and his swim trunks; I think his skin might be sensitive to the sunscreen so I'm going to try to find some other, more gentle stuff, but his swim trunks fit fine - I think he just doesn't want to have to put on clothes once he has achieved nakedness.

But, the other day, I was able to get him outside.  And we got him into his puddle jumper early on in the swim.  And boy, did he have fun!



He's getting so adventuresome in the water!


Though occasionally he would get some water in his face and need to be picked up out of the water a little bit, just for a second, though.


Nothing like having a tiny, water-laden ball whipped at you.


He's not the best jumper yet, but I have a feeling he'll be one soon!


For her part, Mollie did a wonderful job watering the concrete.


She got to sit on the blue lounge float, with supervision of course.


Her favorite thing in the pool these days is to suck the water out of the pool balls.  Yuck on so many levels!


Baylor wanted to get in on some of the float fun, so I hoisted him up there and he got to sit with Mollie for a little while.


Then Mollie wanted to get out ... and just generally look cute.


By the time we got to her snack she was WAY too hungry, so we just about had a meltdown.  Then she wanted to take her snack trap full of Cheerios into the pool.  Sadly for her, Cheerios and water do not mix.

We had a lovely day out in the sun!  Hopefully there will be MANY more to come.

No comments: