Monday, August 1, 2011

Candy Play Doh Ice Cream ... Oy!

After dinner with my parents and sister last week, they suggested we head out to Rockford to have some ice cream at Rocky's.  The kids and I were game, so we all piled into the car and drove on up.



Along the way, they asked Baylor what kind of ice cream he was going to get.  It was in this conversation that they mentioned play doh ice cream, a lovely concoction of blue moon ice cream mixed with colorful pieces of cookie dough.  Of course, upon hearing the words "play doh" he was instantly interested and decided that was what he'd get.  *sigh*

I was a little hesitant about getting this for him, especially when I saw that the actual name of it was "candy play doh ice cream", but I ordered it for him anyways.  I started feeding it to him and he seemed to like it enough, though not as much as his beloved "lemonade" ice cream.  Christine took over for me once she was done eating, and I was able to snap a few pictures of the blue-mouthed boy.


Then Baylor flashed a blue smile to his Oma.  (I am there in the background enjoying a bowl of chocolate monster ice cream:  chocolate ice cream with fudge chunks and a ribbon of peanut butter.  Oh yeah, baby!)


Mollie nibbed a bite or two from people, then she and Dad headed off for a walk.


Baylor actually finished the whole bowl and was one satisfied customer.


We caught up to Mollie and Dad who had come upon a dog.  Luckily Grandpa E was there to protect her.


Such a big girl holding hands with Grandpa E and Aunt Christine!


Of course, there were clocks to look at, so we had to check them out.



Yes, we wiped off his face.  Yes, it was slightly stained blue.  Just imagine what his organs looked like!


He wasn't too keen on getting up close and personal with the clock, but it was kind of up high.


Dad and I started to walk back to the car as it was getting late, but I was able to snap a quick picture of the sign for The Corner Bar.


Meanwhile, across the street, much fun was being had.


As it turns out, candy play doh ice cream leads to some fun diaper changes over the next couple days.  I'm kinda hoping he won't ask for it again, and he has since fallen in love with sprinkles so we might be in luck.  Either way, we had a lot of fun and some truly delicious ice cream!

No comments: