Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Things I Said Last Night

Last night, after the kids went to bed, I started changing out the last of the brass drawer and cabinet pulls in our kitchen and dining room.  It was the last step to getting the job completed, and I was eager to get it done. I did not foresee, however, that I'd run into so many problems.  Problems that ended up leading to me getting very frustrated ... and saying some stupid things.

Oh f*&%!  (Said when I bent my fingernail back and separated it from the nail bed while trying to get one of the drawer pulls properly set in the holes.)

Son of a b^&*#!  (Said as I actually watched the bruise form.  Oh, and it hurt like hell.)

Oh yeah, you come in here with your testosterone and muscles and s#^% and just put the d@^& handle right in!  I hate you, I actually hate you.  (Said to my husband after he sauntered in, asked if I broke a nail - seriously?! - checked out my finger, and then proceeded to easily push in the handle I had been struggling with.)

Okay, I don't actually hate you.  This just really f*&^ing hurts!  (I really do love my husband.  And it really f*&^ing hurt.)

B:  Ask for help if you need it, okay Nicole?
N:  Nope, not gonna.  I'll jack up another finger if I have to.  I am doing this myself, damn it!  What should I do about my finger though?
B:  I'd put ice on it if I were you.
N:  Then I'd have to stop working!
B:  Yup.
N:  And I wouldn't be able to type!
B:  Guess not.
(I promptly went back to work.  What?!  The pain eventually subsided and my finger didn't fall off.)

Teamwork, pass it along!  (seconds later)  Brought to you by a Foundation for a Better Life.  (Said as I helped my husband put in one of the drawer pulls by holding onto one side while he pushed in the other.)

N:  Agh!  I pulled a boob!
B:  That's never good.  But you know, you can't pull a boob.  You pull the muscle underneath.
N:  What do you know?!  You don't have them!

I guess that's it.  There may have been one or two "That's what she said" jokes slipped in there, but I don't remember them well and wouldn't be able to do them justice here.  Just goes to show you, I'm kind of a stubborn, Tourettes-y idiot when I do home improvement stuff.

*sigh*

No comments: