Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ice Cream Lady!!

Last night my husband stepped outside for a moment and came back in asking if I wanted ice cream.  Yup, the ice cream truck was nearby and he had actually heard it before it passed us!  I hurried the kids outside and we went looking for it after Baylor announced he wanted to go for a walk.

For a while we lost the trail of the sound ... but then we heard it.  Ah, the sweet sound of "Popeye The Sailor" being played over the loudspeaker screams summer like nothing else!



We headed out in the direction of the music, unable to wait for it to come to our house.


And then we saw it ...


And then we bought some!


Ah, that beautiful pink truck!


The ice cream lady smiled and waved as she passed us by.


We then headed home to enjoy our treats.  On the way, Baylor asked if she was going to our house.  Ah, wishful thinking!


Bryson pulled up a chair, I got out the wagon for the kiddos to sit in, and we all enjoyed our treats.


Baylor enjoyed his ice cream sandwich so much that he didn't say a peep the entire time he was eating.


Mollie wouldn't eat the little bit of ice cream sandwich we gave her, but she was quite eager to partake of my red, white, and blue bomb pop.


Bryson enjoyed his ice cream sandwich and noted that it was all quite reasonable ... only $3.50 for all three treats!


Such happy campers!


And a very happy Mommy ... I do so love the ice cream lady!  (Seriously, when I was pregnant I kept a $5 bill on the front door at the ready so I could catch her when I could!)

No comments: